"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:35
Vision Statement: Bringing HOPE to the community, the poor, the vulnerable, the marginalized, the forgotten, through hospitality, building bridges to empower a journey to full potential. We are here to care, share and move forward...our mission.
Mission State: Christian Service exists as a model and resource of Catholic social teaching to fulfill the church's mission of love, service, justice, freedom, and peace by communally responding to societal and individual needs. Programs are created and promoted which strive to address human needs whether locally or in the broader community, state, nation, and world. Every client is welcomed equally with respect to human dignity.
Church of the Holy Spirit is happy to help you with your current needs.
We have a variety of services available to you through Christian Service.
- Weekly visit to our pantry for food assistance
- Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter Dinners, Baskets or Boxes
- Temporary assistance with funds for family emergencies from unexpected job loss or loss of income
- Connection to resources for phones, housing, family counseling, household furniture/appliances, clothing, early child development, pregnancy assistance, medical/dental, legal, social concerns, peace and justice.
- Your individual need not mentioned above may be discussed for possible assistance
- Discovering spirituality
- Foster Care Outreach
- Prisoner / Jail Outreach
- Focus Hope
- American Red Cross Blood Drive
The Pantry will be open on Monday and Wednesday between 1:00PM and 4PM.
If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact Gayle Greene for a personal and confidential appointment at 248.887.1441.